Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Day

Saw an old tennis crony in the locker room this afternoon.  We used to be regular combatants but now he has gotten better while I have gotten long in the tooth.  He asked me if I had made any new year resolutions. I said I had not and quipped that this way I know I will not break any.  Another locker room denizen opined that he liked my thinking.  Can't break any if you don't make any.

I was just saying that, though.  It is true that I had not sat down and made any New Year resolutions, but it is not true that I did this to ensure that I did not break any.

I noticed some clever new year comments on facebook.  My favorite was along the lines that in 2014 don't just dream about what you would like, make it happen.  That is, to my way of thinking, a good one.  Our impossible dreams come true when we make the effort to make them come true. I want to make sure to keep that in the front of my mind this year.

The words to "If" are good ones to recall as we go around the track.

If we can dream and not make dreams our master
If we can think and not make thoughts our aim...

If we can fill the unforgiving minute with 60 seconds worth of distance run...

Happy New Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment