Sunday, December 16, 2012

Can't get through it

I wrote a blog on Friday in the aftermath of the killings in Connecticut. I argued then that it was our responsibility to continue to enjoy life despite the horror.

Can't quite get to this. I am looking forward to a football Sunday today, but the day's potential joy is under siege as I read about the event and think about what occurred. The list of 6 and 7 year olds who were lost is unthinkable and when you think that it is real, how to enjoy the moment? I was thinking a moment ago about the kids who survived and how forever scarred they are likely to be. I recall that tennis great Andy Murray is a survivor of a similar massacre when he was in elementary school in Scotland. He has, by appearances at least, survived without debilitating psychological impediments. But how can you put this behind you.

The magnitude of this event has become greater to me. The challenge to enjoy time is not a simple one.

No comments:

Post a Comment