Friday, January 2, 2015

Schadenfreude-sports style

Now 1-1. I predicted the Ohio State game correctly. Great game.  Urban Meyer is one of the, if not the, best coach in college football.  Ohio State won the last two games with a third string quarterback.

Best player on the field, however, was an Alabaman--the punter. He was terrific.

When I was in Auburn a few weeks back I got to understand the intense rivalry between Alabama and Auburn.  Auburn lost today in its bowl game in an overtime heartbreaker.  Judging by what I heard when I was in Auburn--not from the college people, but town folk--there are people in Auburn who are more happy than sad this evening because even though their team lost, Alabama's loss overwhelms the disappointment of having lost themselves.

Schadenfreude--sports style.

No comments:

Post a Comment