Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 2

There was no dimunition of enthusiasm on day 2 of the weekend. All four games in the first period went to the final buzzer in terms of the spread for the game. On the elevator on the way back to the room, a fellow was shaking his head back and forth like an extraordinarily cautious pedestrian crossing a street. He was so despondent that I asked him how he had fared. He told me he had lost 800.00. When I looked stunned, he said he would have won the 800, not that he had lost it. I have heard this remark before.

He wasn't quitting it did not seem to me. Just going back to the room to take a break. The fellows at a table in front of me were here for a bachelor's party weekend. At least that is what I thought they said. They started consuming at 9 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment