Monday, March 16, 2009

siena a 9?

Last year I met some wonderful people who root for Siena. I was fortunate to get a media pass to watch the MAAC tournament in Albany, New York and sat next to two stalwart Siena fans throughout the tournament who were kind and showed a novice around the press table. They also introduced me to several cronies in the stands who were similarly Siena fans and similarly gracious despite my Albany roots. (Albany and Siena are North Carolina/Duke type rivals). In December I travelled again to Albany to watch the annual Siena Albany rivalry game and sat next to a Siena rooter who, despite our different allegiances, was as cordial as one could be. Just last week at the CAA I met a former head coach of Siena who still has some feelings for the club and was nothing but a gentleman.

I wish these people well, but Siena being a 9 seed is outrageous. VCU, an 11 seed, would beat Siena by 20 points and the subs would play the last five minutes. For those pundits who think Siena will progress (and I read the words of an expert today who believes they will get to the sweet 16) it will not happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment