Thursday, November 28, 2013

Miracles and Thanks

I read in the paper yesterday that Thanksgiving day and Hanukkah will not coincide for another 75,000 years.  I mentioned this to my dad, who quipped, "I can wait."

He was kidding. We can't.  Miracles happen, but I don't think living 75,000 years longer is a miracle on the horizon.  So, it is probably wise to celebrate now.

Is there ever a time not to celebrate now?  Once bought a bumper sticker that read, "Don't Postpone Joy."  A coincidence of a day set aside to give thanks occurring on a day that begins the celebration of a miracle, is as good a time as any to seize the day. Tell those you love that you love them now. Brighten their day and illuminate yours.

Also, and as long as I am writing, take the Lions in the early game.

No comments:

Post a Comment