Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Huntington Caterers

I am not sure there is a team that is more pathetic than this year's Boston Red Sox.  As an inveterate Yankee hater, a Red Sox fan, and an admirer of the Baltimore Orioles, I watched tonight's Yankee/Red Sox game with interest.  Had the Red Sox won, the Orioles would have been tied with the Yankees for first place in the American League East with only one game left in the season.

The Red Sox led 3-1 in the ninth inning and then managed to give up two runs in no time to let the Yankees tie the game.  In the twelfth with two outs, the Red Sox reliever walked a batter that had not played in 23 games. He then walked the next batter on four pitches before giving up a walk off single.

When I played little league my team was called the Huntington Caterers.  The Red Sox remind me of the Huntington Caterers.

I think, however, we had more heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment