Sunday, March 28, 2010

butler did it

The title for this blog, or some variation, was likely the headline in many newspapers across the country today. Butler, an underdog from an unheralded conference, managed to beat Kansas State and will go to the final four which happens to be held this year in Butler's home town of Indianapolis. Their opponent will be determined today when Michigan State plays Tennessee.

West Virginia University, another underdog yesterday, will also be at the final four. They toughed it out to defeat 1 seeded Kentucky despite the play of Wall who seemed to be otherworldly out there driving through half of West Virginia's team on a number of occasions.

I picked both favorites yesterday so I am down 2 from my tournament record to date and sit at 32-25-1 against the spread for the tournament. Today I like MSU giving the two to Tennessee and Baylor getting within 5 of Duke. Not sure Baylor will prevail, but I think they get close.

Meanwhile the best team playing today is none of these four. It is the Connecticut Women's team who are absolutely pulvarizing Iowa State today. When last I looked they were up by close to 50 against a team that has already won two tournament games. Their subs are awesome. I can imagine the Cyclone women sitting in their locker room today figuring they just played against the Los Angeles Lakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment