Sunday, April 5, 2009

Louisville Connecticut

Tonight's women's basketball game between Stanford and Connecticut will be as exciting as any contest a fan is likely to see. It will be difficult to top last night's game between Michigan State and the men from Connecticut, but the women from Connecticut will do just that.

Connecticut will prevail over Stanford, but the 10 1/2 points of lumber is too much. I say take Connecticut on the money line. Louisville will get within the 4 1/2 point spread in their game against Oklahoma. Even the state of Oklahoma will have 64,000 reasons to root for Louisville since the star of the Sooner team has vowed to give back her scholarship money if her team is unsuccessful.

If I sound like I know what I am talking about, it is an illusion. I do know that anyone who doubts the athleticism of women basketball players will be disabused of that notion when watching the Connecticut women this evening. Nearly every man I met in Las Vegas would lose to the last woman on the Connecticut bench 15-0 in a game of one on one (this is before the beer).

I did notice this year a greater percentage of women at the sports books and that percentage is likely to increase as respect for women's sports continues to get the media coverage it has earned.

No comments:

Post a Comment